Hence the importance of this video...Judah's first experience watching F/A 18's take off from the South Lake Tahoe airport after the local airshow. The planes couldn't do any demos during the air show, so the real airshow (the only time you get to see them do anything) is the next day when they take off...no one knows about this, it is a private show, we were among about 5-10 of the only people watching. I know about it because I asked the pilots at the air show when they leave, and I carefully mark my calendar...did I mention I was a fan of fighter jets?
Additionally, I drove out on the tarmac and we parked pretty close to the planes then walked even closer, so in this video we are anywhere from 75-200 feet away from the planes.
The original video was about 30 minutes and I've edited it down to the "highlights" which is about 10 minutes...so you get to see the best part of the clip! In case you don't know, it is not every day you get to be this close to planes like this.
While watching this, just pretend you are as excited as me...uhhh...I mean, Judah...about F/A 18's ... this way, you'll experience the full glory of the moment.
Not impressed? Consider that these planes cost $50M each, and the first one we see take off here, the F/A 18 Super Hornet, is the world's most advanced fighter jet...only 350 in existence. If you are still not impressed, you are either a female or a man who has lost connection with his masculinity.
Leila better get on here and post some stuff soon or this whole blog is going to degenerate into my most uninhibited inner thoughts! Leila, help!
A Few Summer pictures
Dog days of summer nights...
Can I work at the beach when I grow up mommy?
Leila & Ender have something in common after all...
Riding the old school stand up jet ski...fun but hard...but fun

2 comments:
Hey guys! So much fun to read from you and especially seeing your pics! Awesome!
We've been back home for just 2 weeks and I miss the US already (don't tell Cornelia:-))!
Anyway, just keep on writing and taking pics!
Love Daniel
Oh, these are some good pics! Oh and I'm not to into the jets, I just keep thinking about where the $50 million could be better spent and I'm also a girl! Oh well, it's neat that Judah got to see this! It looks like yall have had a fun summer. We miss you guys!
Shelley
Post a Comment