Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bein' a mom...

Bein' a mom is the most exhilarating experience, the most meaningful experience, and the most difficult experience. I don't want to play up the "difficulty" because I am aptly advised by veteran mothers that it's mostly the lack of sleep that make it "difficult." And lack of sleep seems to be defining me these days. I asked an older woman (with somewhere around eight children) the other day what she suggested in regards to getting my baby to sleep better and she answered with a wandering, rather confusing response. When she left, Bryan looked at me and said, "She basically was saying, 'no child is the same...it's only temporary...you'll live!'" So true. I will live...hopefully.

In regards to it being the most exhilarating and meaningful experience...words cannot express. I was dancing around the living room with him today and tears welled up in my eyes as I looked into his baby blue's because I realized my heart had been lost...lost to his love...lost in the desire for him to live a full, rich life...lost in the hope that he will someday know Jesus in an intimate and real way.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Leila... I completely understand. Someday we will sleep... someday.
The videos below and on you tube are really really cute. I laughed out loud at the one with Bryan singing and Judah laughing.. very very cute.

Miss you my long lost friend... love that you guys are finally in the blogging world.

deedee said...

you wrote: "lost in the hope that he will someday know Jesus in an intimate and real way."

God wrote: "...and hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:5

another "older woman" wrote: judah is the cutest baby in the whole wide world...