Monday, June 23, 2008

Bach'in it

Leila and Judah are in Texas for a week. Earlier in our marriage, I used to enjoy when she left because it gave me some time to myself. In fact, my house felt a lot like this when she was gone:





Now however, as it must be something to do with having a son and getting more attached to my wife, the house feels like this when she is gone:


I guess it just goes to show that I am a true family man. I don't know what to do with myself without wife and son...yesterday I went to do some chores around town, and as I got 1/2 way to the destinations I ended up turning around, winding randomly through some neighborhoods and just getting "lost." I guess getting more attached to your family is a good thing. I suppose one good thing about being alone is I can feed my workaholism. In this case I was able to finish a new book without imposing too much of the workaholism disease on my family.

By the way, I missed out on Judah's first crawl, it happened in TX. Here are some videos and also Judah in the pool:









What I am however most proud of these days is not his crawling, but his very "boyish" behavior. My son is a boy; in the below picture you can see him giving a grand philosophical theory - this is his new thing. Being a dad I suppose I have to admit that I am glad I have at least one boy to be a boy with. Since I am a boy too. OK - signing off now. This was fun --- I could post a completely obnoxious and out of control blog post without anyone stopping me! I'm bach'in it! It is all up to me! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny Bry! We'll be home tomorrow honey! Judah misses his "dada" and I miss "da boober!"
Leila