Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Plumb, Leatherheads...

Has anyone listened to the newest Plumb CD? It's incredible. It's written from the perspective of a mom about her children, but it's really ministered to me because you can sense that that is what God would sing to us as His children. I highly recommend it. It's great music.

I also recommend seeing the new movie, Leatherheads. It was very well done as you can expect from Clooney. It was light enough not to make you depressed, but heavy enough to be an interesting story.

And, in the book world...I don't read a lot of books...okay I don't ANY books. My sister-in-law, who can be done with a book in one sitting, laughs at me because I was reading The Red Tent for over a year. She kept asking me what book I was reading and the answer was always, "Oh this great Jewish writer...The Red Tent." Anyhow, my next book endeavor is also a Jewish writer that my sister-in-law recommended: The Chosen. So far, it's superb. It'll probably take me another year to finish, but I'm committed damnit!

Oh and one more plug...the newest Matchbox Twenty CD. I know they're totally old school but I have a new found respect for Rob Thomas and his passion.

Bye Bye!

4 comments:

Bryan Rosner said...

You can't say damnit on the internet! Thats like, totally inappropriate!

Sara Carolina said...

bryan's comment made me laugh out loud - literally. oh, the learning curve of blogging....=)

Anonymous said...

Okay, so let me preface by saying this is my very first time to post a comment on ANYONE'S blog...I don't even know HOW to blog, but what I really want to know is HOW DID IT GET THE NAME BLOG??
Leila, I too still LOVE Matchbox 20. The new cd is great....I have seen them 4 times, and only missed them this past winter in Dallas because we were honeymooning!!! I have also checked out Plumb and like it as well!
As for books, I'm reading Couples who Pray and it is incredible. Megan recommended it, and I shall pass it along to all those newlyweds or not so newly weds who need motivation! Page House

deedee said...

lelita--you hadn't mentioned reading The Chosen. one of my favorite books, years ago(about your age, i guess). There's a sequel and a couple of other Potok books i liked (though none as good as Chosen). it was made into a pretty good movie btw--we should watch it. i'll see you guys in 8 days!