Friday, February 18, 2011

Help me with kid!

Help!

4 comments:

Daniel said...

It's the same with Alina. She's turning 2 today actually! It's really a challenge for parents! I'm curious what hints others post!:-)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so we have that same situation quite often, I have been very frustrated with the same argument. I have seen some hope in the last two weeks, and I don't know if this is the answer or not, every kid is probably different. I have started a schedule when we are at home. Certain times of the day are "play time", "lunch time", "clean up time", and "quiet time: which since he doesn't nap involves watching a show once a day while Ada is napping, and gives me a break". This way, when Owen starts asking to do something (like watch a show) at other times, I can say "no, it's not quiet time yet, it's play time" and I show him the clock. It shifts the blame from me to the schedule in Owen's eyes:) Ask me again in a month, and I will let you know how it is going. But I did discover that this is the one characteristic that Owen inherited from me. He not only likes a schedule, he likes to know the schedule AHEAD of time, so he is mentally prepared for the next activity and less likely to throw a fit.

Anonymous said...

i have a napping kid, so, thank goodness, I can use videos more as a special treat. I often tell him he can watch a video or play with the iphone "when it gets dark." That way, it's ambiguous and I can tweak it depending on what we are doing. He also will occasionally forget the "when it's dark" promise. Leila

Drew said...

I don't have any suggestions. I just think is hilarious!